Truman Takeshi Vogelmann
March 2011
9 pounds 11 ounces
23 inches
brown hair
blue eyes
(for now - we suspect they will turn brown)
the name: Truman is a name we both liked (a very hard thing to accomplish) and it was the name of our Stake President at BYU when we got married (Truman G. Madsen). He was a great man who inspired us on numerous occasions. As for a middle name, we wanted something with a family connection. We have never used a Japanese name before and the time seemed right. Takeshi (accent on the first syllable) is Kevin's uncle. He is another great man with a commanding yet gentle presence.
the siblings: So far so good. The biggest problem we have is whose turn it is to hold the baby. Even Grant has learned how to say "Baby." (It is also the only word in his vocabulary that he uses a high pitched voice for. All other words and sounds are low and growly.)
Who does he look like?
Dad's long fingers
Mom's nose
Walter's ears
Maya's smile
Margaret's eyes
Grant's hairstyle
(not color, though!)
Mom and Dad? Tired, but doing well. :)
thanks for reading!
Congratulations!!! Another wonderful Vogelmann in the world. Hooray! You all look beautiful!
ReplyDeleteYAY! I'm so excited you finally have a blog up and running, I'll be watching!
ReplyDeleteI'm so happy for you (i've been meaning to call every day since... I will!)
Truman is beautiful and we really like his name. So glad the other kids are doing great with the new baby. Love you so so much!
Good for you guys. They look beautiful. I don't know how you guys do it. I'm in awe.
ReplyDeleteElizabeth! You have such a beautiful family! I somehow just got your Christmas card recently - it made me smile with all of the little signatures. And now, I get to see pictures of baby Truman! I love it! I hope you guys continue doing well and post a lot so I can keep up. Love you lots and always will. -Kirsten
ReplyDeleteWe are so happy that Truman is here! Elizabeth, I can't believe you look so beautiful in your hospital photo--not fair! I love Truman's smile with Kevin. Let us konw what you need; we're here :)
ReplyDeleteHello wonderful Vogelmann family!! We love all the darling pictures of you, but it makes us miss you even more. Lots of hugs and congratulations on healthy baby #5. Truman is beautiful...and has a great name. Elizabeth, you'll do well at managing that special group of kids, I am sure of it.
ReplyDelete